Saturday, September 11, 2010

Pilgrims on a journey

  Ultreia Gîte, Moissac:- Hosts: Rom and Aideen

"We are pilgrims on a journey
We are brothers on the road
We are here to help each other
Walk the mile and bear the load

I will weep when you are weeping
When you laugh I'll laugh with you
I will share your joy and sorrow
Till we've seen this journey through"

Rom and Aideen have moved from their homeland of Ireland
to serve the needs of pilgrims on the route to Compostela.
This gîte is their home
where they offer warm hospitality
and genuine care for pilgrims. 
I count them as friends, and hope to return to visit them one day.

There are several moving verses in this song,
but I chose the one about laughter and tears 
as they are two things I think most pilgrims come to know well....

No comments:

Post a Comment